Friday, March 6, 2009

Update

My ultrasound and check-up went really well today! I'm so relieved and so happy! They think he weighs around 6lbs.4oz and is in the 86th percentile. Everything looked great, he performed 8 out of the 8 criteria for the bio physical exam during the ultrasound. As soon as she started we saw him do his practice breathing which she said was great and a very good indicator that his lungs are pretty strong. It was the cutest thing I ever saw seeing his little chest move up and down! He's also head down now and lying sort of sideways, that's why I'm getting his fist right at my belly button. Sometimes I feel like I could grab onto it. It was such a nice visit with my ob, for the first time we chatted about non pregnant things. I think we are both very relaxed at this point. She told me once I reach 35 weeks they won't stop labor if it starts and that my baby is looking very good. I'm getting so excited and so ready to meet him. I'd love to post his ultrasound pic but I don't want to take the computer down the basement and hook it up to the scanner, I'm way too lazy & tired! Trust me, he's cute! :)
My friend, Christine, is continuing to hang on and I've been to visit her two more times since last Sunday. We joke that we may be in there at the same time to deliver! That would be fun! It's been so helpful to keep going to the birthing center to visit her...making it less of a big deal for me now. We are both looking forward to spring and walking again with our brand new babies. So much to look forward to!

6 comments:

Jboo said...

Such great news!! I am so excited for you!! I'll bet the ultrasound is so special! It won't be too long now! Have a great weekend.

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That is great news....I am glad you and baby are doing so well!!

If you get a burst of energy, we would all love to see him:)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Lisa

Jennifer said...

So glad to hear more good news! I know he is going to be one handsome little guy :) hlad your neighbor is still doing okay. It would be fun if you get to share your special day together!

It is almost here......Can't wait!

Jen

Bridget said...

Great news Lucy - I am so very excited for you!!! I can't wait to see that handsome boy! Hope all's well!

Bridget

Anonymous said...

Congrats on such a good appt! You are getting so close!

Anonymous said...

Such great news....I can't wait to hear this weeks update!

I hope your friend is also still doing well~

Dawn