I'm happy to report that I have nothing to report! All is well here and I'm just chugging along...amazing to me how far I've gotten. My appointment went well last week. The nonstress test was reactive so that was good. It took some time to get him to calm down. He went wild when I lied down on my back so they switched me to my side and he calmed down. She said my uterus looked irritated in spots and wondered if I felt any of it. I told her I didn't. She didn't seem concerned about it. I go back on Friday for another ultrasound and check-up. I can't wait to see him again and see how big he's gotten. I think he's dropped too. I can't wait to find out if he has or not.
The hospital tour was fine. On my way there I realized that George should be coming with me but it never occurred to me. I have some serious pregnancy brain. I even tried to mail a letter the other day putting the stamp on the wrong side of the envelope. I also found a half used jar of mayonnaise in the pantry, ugh! Anyway, I was the only one there without a husband but it was fine, I told him all about it when I got home. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I just tried to act like I had never been there before and besides it's been renovated so it looks really different. I also realized that it may be harder for George to be there since he was all over the floor while I went into my room and stayed there the whole time. He'll be pleased with how updated it is now.
Since it was too difficult to find a way to take a Lamaze class, we started watching the Lamaze dvd at home. It's exciting as we are getting so close!
Magnolia and I have been talking about feeding and burping the baby for a while now but today we talked about giving him a nukki and using the boppy pillow. She LOVES the boppy and sits with it on her lap with her babies. Last night she came up to my stomach and very quietly asked the baby if he was hungry, then she went running to her kitchen to prepare him a pizza. I'm sure he loved it. She also did the sign for milk to my stomach asking him if he wanted some. That made me realize how nice it will be to have her teach him sign language too!
I realized that I have never mentioned this before but I have been pregnant along with my good friend and neighbor. She is two weeks behind me so it's been a lot of fun going through this pregnancy with her and we both have the same doctor. About 2 weeks ago she went into pre-term labor and after some time on reduced activity they put her on complete bedrest in the hospital. I went to visit her on Sunday and she seems to be in good spirits considering all she's been through and missing her two boys at home. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers as she's trying to hang in there and get further along before she delivers her baby.
I will post again on Friday with my check-up and ultrasound results. Hopefully all will be well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
No news is the best news! Keep up the good work!
Another week down!! YEAH!!! So glad that your test last week was good!! Can't wait to hear about your ultrasound!
Dawn
It won't be long now.....glad to hear things are going so well!!
Holding a good thought for your friend....I know bedrest is no fun...especially when you have other little ones to worry about!
Lisa
Glad things are going well! Miss Magnolia is so smart, such a big help! It's funny, I was wondering why George didn't go :) Pregnancy brain IS crazy! Sorry to hear about your neighbor...I am thinking I met her last summer? I will keep her in my prayers!
Jen
So glad to hear your appointment and visit to the hospital went so well! Wow -- 34 weeks -- it won't be too long now. You'll have your little boy and spring will be here too -- how lovely! Will keep your friend in my prayers too. Take it easy this week!
Janet
Post a Comment