We finished the nursery. It wasn't hard because we didn't change much. The furniture we chose when it was Magnolia's was pretty feminine because we thought we'd have at least two girls before having a boy. (Still learning that you just can't plan these things) So working around a very feminine crib, bookshelf, and chandelier, this is what I came up with it and I really like it! Someday he may ask for a room that's orange and blue with trucks and dinosaurs so for now this room is for me. Nurseries are always for us moms anyway, right? We replaced the little 1950s french provincial dresser that I had accented with pink paint because I just wasn't going to work around that. We replaced it with the dresser I bought at a thrift store for the triplets, not because I particularly liked it but because it was big, it was there, and I was desperate. I like it now and I like it in the nursery. Aside from the bedding and wall decals, I found the rest of the stuff around our house. I bought those beautiful hand colored prints years ago and found the frames at a thrift store and hung them with satin ribbon from W*almart. My sister (a former fly fishing guide living in Montana) sent me those beautiful wooden bears and buffaloes when she was living there. For a long time they were ornaments for our Christmas tree but I realized how perfect they would be for a mobile so I hung them on an embroidery hoop I painted white. Since I made Magnolia a growth chart I thought I should make one for this baby too. You can tell I was short on time and energy, his turned out pretty simple. :)
I can't believe I'm posting this photo but I really like it for the composition. I set the camera on a timer trying to capture shots of myself since George doesn't seem to have any interest in photographing me lately. I think my stomach is amazing so I want to document it and I feel like my days are getting numbered. Every Tuesday I wake up and read the chapter on what to expect this week. George asked what the baby was up to this week. I told him the baby should weigh 4.5lbs. Ha! The baby probably weighs 6lbs. by now! I'm feeling fine. My blood pressure has been good. My ankles are starting to swell if I'm on my feet too long and I'm absolutely exhausted. Oh and the acid reflux has been wonderful too. Other than that, I can't complain. I'm ready. I know I could still have another 6 weeks but I'm really hoping I go earlier. I confessed to George that if I start to have contractions I'm not going to the hospital for fear that they will stop them. I'd be happy to have this baby today. I know it's not rational and he thinks I'm a bit crazy but if he was carrying around this belly, he'd understand. There's more and more talk of "baby brother" around here with Magnolia. She does and doesn't like to feel my stomach. Last week she put her head to my belly and he really kicked her. She got so scared she covered her face and told me to "shut the door" (pull my shirt back down). I couldn't help but laugh which made my belly shake and scared her even more...poor thing, I must really be scary! What's amazing is that she's carrying a baby too and loves to pull up her shirt and show me! We've been washing lots of new clothes and putting them away in his room. I think she's getting used to the idea that it's his space now. I'm sure it will be a different story when he's actually here. Thank you for all of your tips on things to bring to the hospital. I have my list going but have yet to pack my bag. I don't understand how to do it ahead of time when I use so much of the stuff I want to bring. I have a feeling I will be throwing it all together last minute...
I had the most wonderful day out last Friday when George and his dad gave me the day to myself. I spent my morning in the bookstore and the afternoon watching two movies. Both of which won Oscars so it was fun to see them beforehand.
Magnolia and I are touring the birth center at the hospital this evening. They've renovated it since I was there 4 years ago. I've debated whether or not to do this as I know it's going to be really hard but I realized I have to face it one way or another. I think we'll have a private tour which is good in case I break down.
My doctor's appointment this week is Thursday and I'll have my first non stress test. If there's anything to update after my appointment I will try to do so. Hopefully it will be non eventful.
Hope everyone is having a good week!






7 comments:
I love the way you captured this picture with your reflection in the mirror....and your toes look pretty too! The nursery is really lovely.
Oh my -- the nursery is so lovely!! You really have a talent for decorating! And the photo of you near the crib with Magnolia there too is so sweet! Sounds like you are doing so well. Magnolia is going to be the best big sister, isn't she! Take care!
Janet
First I need to tell you how beautiful that picture is......I know it is kind of wierd to say this, but I have always thought there was something so natural and pretty about pregnancy pictures. You, my friend are just glowing....I have seen it in every picture you have posted of yourself:) I also love how you can see M in the corner looking at you......you are right, it has wonderful composition!!
Now onto the nursery....WOW...it looks gorgeous! I think it is the perfect combination of pretty little touches with some blue and boyish things mixed in.....I love the chandelier...you did a fantastic job with it! I looked at the window treatments and kept thinking....Is that what fell on your head? OUCH!!!
Have a wonderful week...and keep us posted with any news:)
Take Care of yourself,
Lisa
Lucy,
I LOVE, LOVE the picture of you and the way Mags is watching you is way too cute! You should totally frame it!
The nursery is just precious! I LOVE it! It is so "you" :)
Magnolia is going to be a wonderful big sister!
I hope your tour went well tonight, I am sure that was tough! Hang in there, you are in the home stretch, my friend and looking just beautiful :)
Love,
Jen
I love the picture of yourself. It is beautiful! You will look back one day at these pictures and be so happy that you chronicled each week.
His nursery is gorgeous! I just love your decorating. You did an awesome job. Thanks for sharing pictures!
I hope your drs appt. goes well today. Keep us posted!
Dawn
You look so great! What a beautiful photo of your belly, and the nursery is adorable. I love the story about Magnolia saying "shut the door!" That is too funny and will be a great story to tell her down the road. :)
I've found your blog after became a "follower" of mine. Your story is especially poignant to me, as I know the anguish of experiencing the death of one's child. I am so sorry about your little girls. So very sorry. I know too well, the seemingly unberable heartache.I am also happy for you that you will experience the birth of a son. You will love mothering a boy, just as you love mothering Magnolia. Your nursery is positively adorable. I love everything about it. Everything. It looks like a cozy nest for rall of you to spend your days....
Post a Comment