Thursday, February 12, 2009

Update

I was naive. The 3 hour gestational diabetes screen was awful. I felt so nauseous and weak all day long. I couldn't read or sew for those 3 hours, I was so dizzy. At least I did the test with another girl and she felt the same way. I ended up chatting with all the other pregnant moms coming and going in the office. They ALL told me I was huge, that they thought they were big. Well, I'm glad I could make them feel better. I just can't believe my size has become the focal point of this pregnancy. Big deal, I'm big. I passed the test by the way. Barely. When I went in to see my doctor this morning I told her right away that I would follow the GD diet anyway because I DID NOT want to repeat yesterday's screen. I'm sure it's just the hormones but man am I sick of feeling bad for being so big. As I measured 34 weeks today I asked if she doesn't think carrying the triplets had anything to do with this. Like the goldfish theory. A goldfish will only grow as big as the bowl you put it in. I have a big bowl so to speak. I mean come on, how many women come in pregnant again after having triplets, think about it. I'll bet I'm the first for her. She said she thinks that MAY have something to do with it. Baby's heart rate was super fast today. So much so that she had me sit up and waited for it to go down. She finally clocked him at 150. I felt like saying he didn't like coming in either...

7 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Sorry to hear you test was so awful....that stinks, but I am glad you can put it behind you and know that you are in the clear for GB.

If it makes you feel any better, I measured 2-3 weeks ahead my entire pregnancy....even the first couple of months. They ultrasounded me to make sure I wasn't having twins......don't let it get to you. You are healthy and so is the baby....that is what is important!

Hope you all have a great weekend and a Happy Valentine's Day!

Lisa

Jennifer said...

SO glad that it is over,
and you passed! I bet the little guy was over it too. He probably could tell that Mommy was NOT happy :)

Happy V-Day!

Jen

Anonymous said...

So glad you passed that test, I know you were worried about it. I've heard that you always get bigger with each pregnancy. I was much bigger each time, especially the last time. Embrase it now because it won't be long before you can't use pregnancy as an excuse anymore. I'm still praying for you and that this homestrech will bring no complications and the delivery will be smooth. Happy Valentines Day to your family and the little one in the oven.

Lesley

Emily said...

aw...bummer for having to go thru that. i recall that test as being awful too. i like your goldfish theory and think it has some legs. any guess on the baby's weight? if he's up there in size perhaps they'll deliver him sooner than the recommended 42 weeks, eh? i'll give you a call later today. we're doing taxes-rah! emily

Jboo said...

Sorry to hear about that darn test, but glad you passed. I had to take it too and just like you felt so dizzy afterwards.

I was huge with #2 and I attributed it to having a big first baby, so I agree with your theory!

Take care! You're really in the homestretch now.

Janet

Melissa said...

I am already the size I was at 20ish weeks for Justin and I'm only at 13 weeks. Plus, I was only pregnant with a single last time...I am sure that has something to do with it! Who cares if you are big; you have a big healthy boy growing inside of you. Justin was 9 pounds and 23" when he was born - a big baby! It is sort of nice though becuase they are not as fragile when you bring them home :) Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear the test was awful....I know how you feel, I also had to do it with my oldest son because the first glucouse test was high....I also measured bigger than "supposed to be" with my second pregnancy.....

Your little baby boy and you are healthy that is what is important!!! Can't wait to see how your appt. goes tomorrow!!

Stop by my blog, I gave you an award!

Dawn