My doctor appointment went well last Thursday, everything was fine as far as preeclampsia goes. I did, however, fail my Gestational Diabetes test. I passed it the first time I took it so I was surprised I failed it this time. I go in tomorrow for a more intensive screening to determine if I actually have it or not. This time I'll have to fast tonight, drink double the amount of glucoa, and have my blood drawn 4 times over a 3-4 hour period. This is really sad but I'm actually excited to do this because George will watch Magnolia and I'll get to bring a book and sewing and have 4 hours to myself! I'm still in doubt that I have gestational diabetes but it will be good to know if I do. It's treatable if caught but the only thing that worries me about it is that it's another risk factor for preeclampsia.
On another note, things are coming together in the nursery and I like the way it's turning out. I would love to order a new rocking chair since the one we have is so old with a throw covering it. I swear I should have listened to that person who told me to spend the money on the rocking chair and not so much on the crib. I didn't listen. We have a pretty crib but truthfully, a crib's a crib, and it would be so nice to have a super comfy rocking chair instead. Why do they have to cost so much? Just not sure it makes much sense to spend so much on one... still deciding...
We got the car seat. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. We were sold on the Chicco Key Fit and happy we got it. I just picked up the last things I needed; burp cloths, white onesies, and glass bottles. The only thing left is a bouncer or swing. I know we'll want that right away so maybe we'll get one this weekend. I have some slings I used for Magnolia and will be excited to have a baby small enough to use them again.
With a good report on my last doctor visit, she okayed me to make the trip to see my sisters and parents. While it was WONDERFUL to get away, it was exhausting and it took me a whole day of doing nothing before I regained any energy. Here's a photo of me with my little sister who is also pregnant. She is expecting in June!






4 comments:
Yay for you on getting to week 31! On to 32 and beyond! I'm sure you are getting more and more excited with each passing week! I'll bet Magnolia is too and of course, you Hub.
Hope the test goes well.
You and your sister are such cute preggos! Won't it be fun for your little boy to have a cousin just his age! Take it easy!
Janet
I remember feeling those movements as the Nick was getting bigger....at times you could actually see a foot or hand move across your stomach!!
You and your sister look so cute with your bellies......so glad everything is continuing to go so well.....He will be here in no time:)
Enjoy your 4 hours of reading and sewing tomorrow and good luck with the test!!
Lisa
Happy 31!!!!
I remember those movements from the boys... I loved it :)
Enjoy your "me" time tomorrow, you deserve it! Hopefully you will be fine.
I love the picture of you and your sister. You look adorable! I mean it, pregancy gives you this "glow".
Love,
Jen
Yay for 31 weeks!
And how much fun to have you and your sister pregnant together! You guys are adorable!
Post a Comment