Big Baby. Big Mama. That's the diagnosis. I had my usual weekly checkup and also an ultrasound to see how baby is doing. They are making sure baby is growing and doesn't have IURG (Intrauterine Growth Retardation) which I think can occur when there's preeclampsia. Ironically this baby doesn't have IURG but is actually huge! He's in the 92nd percentile and his head is measuring large. When the dr. came in to see me she asked how big we both were at birth. I was 7 something and George was 9 lbs. He was with me on this visit and I wanted to say, look at his head, it's huge, he was big, he had a big head, he has a big head, he's 6'2"! Help me...I can't push this baby out!!! She's testing me again for diabetes next week to make sure that's not the cause for such a big baby. She did say that I could very well just be having a big baby, simple as that. I'm not that worried. I'm actually very happy he's healthy and growing. Every day I feel like I'd be ready for him to come out although I know the longer the better.
Most babies weigh just under 3 lbs. in the 29th week. Ours weighs 3 lbs. 10 oz!!! My doctor also said this baby could be large because I'm gaining so much weight and once again I got the lecture. Whatever. Who gains just 20 pounds in a pregnancy? If you did please don't tell me. :)
Anyway, he was as cute as button on the ultrasound screen. She couldn't get the best picture because he's getting squished in there. His head is down but I'm carrying him very high so his head, arms and feet are all around my belly button. That's why I get quite the show there!
He's moving all of the time. I think he likes music, jazz especially...he really wakes up when he hears it. All else looks good. Blood pressures have been the lowest they've been all pregnancy. I think I've completely relaxed at this point knowing that he could come out and be okay. My instinct tells me all will be okay and I've really learned to listen to my instinct.
In other news, I got a little inspired for his nursery with some things on sale on this website and this website. I can't wait to see how it looks. I love my sister, Emily, for telling me like it is and all of her motherly knowledge. She took one look at me and told me this baby could come out any day and I better wash some things. So, I've washed crib bedding, bassinet bedding, and two buntings. I have more to do but overall he doesn't have a whole lot. Sad, considering Magnolia has two closets and two dressers. It's a lot harder to find things I like for boys than it is for girls. Emily knit him the most beautiful baby hat, I adore it and can't wait for him to wear it. I thought about taking a picture of it but I'll wait until he arrives. The yarn she used is gorgeous.
This weekend we are finally going to buy the car seat, for some reason I've held off but it's time. We are going off the top 3 Consumer Reports recommends but if anyone has any recommendations, ones that they loved, please share!!! That goes for any other tips for a first time mom of a newborn!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
So happy that your dr. cppt went so well. Ok, I'm going to be honest here....I gained 62 pounds with my first pregnancy and right around 50 with my second. I have NO IDEA who only gains 20 pounds....that is just the water weight, right? lol!!! I did lose all the weight both times, it took almost 10-12 weeks both times.
I can't wait to see pictures of the babys room. I love your style of decorating. Do you have a name picked out yet? How exciting!
As for the carseats....I love the Britax brand of carseats....are a little pricey but will last. I think they have one that is from birth to 65 pounds, so when you consider that it will be the only one that you need to buy, it is so worth the price. I loved ours and will be purchasing another when it is time for our princess to come home. They rank very high in safety.
Dawn
I will also make you feel much better about the weight.....I had nick over 6 weeks early and I still gained close to 40lbs!!
Can't wait to see the baby's room....you have a decorator's touch....I know it will be beautiful!
How exciting...you are in the home stretch!!
Best Wishes,
Lisa
So happy to hear that you and the baby are doing so well! I'm not very tall or big and both of my boys were 9 pounds. It's nice to have a big baby -the baby doesn't seem quite so fragile. I sure gained more than 20 pounds -- think more than 35 pounds. Actually, I quit listening to the weight gain toward the end. Am so excited for all of you!
Take care.
Janet
Lucy,
EAT, EAT! You will lose it! Enjoy this pregnancy, you deserve it! Your story about George's head had Dave & I cracking up :) Just think "epidural"!!!
Okay car seats, I LOVE Britax, we had that for Matthew & Michael. Pricey, but worth it for sure. For the infant seat, Peg Perego and Chicco are good ones.
I love the wall-art site. I was planning on using Uppercase Living, but this one looks cool.
What were your finds at Restoration :)
Jen
Yeah for a great doc appt and a big baby! And gaining only 20lbs in pregnancy?! Um, I'm screwed then...at 24 weeks I've already gained 20lbs.
Lucy, Tylenol PM has the same ingredients as Benadryl so it's safe and my ob recommended it!
Post a Comment