Tuesday, January 20, 2009

28 Weeks

I made it! I made it to my first goal! 28 weeks was the first milestone my doctor hoped we'd reach. 28 weeks means I'm also into my 3rd trimester and 7 months pregnant! My check up today went very well. No weight gain, good heartbeat, no protein and sugar in urine, and blood pressure low. My doctor seemed as relieved as I was. She said 32 weeks is the next big milestone and so far I'm not showing any signs of anything preventing me from getting to that goal.

I got my RhoGam shot today since my blood is Rh negative. I also have to start kick counts. I should feel at least 6 kicks within one hour. Shouldn't be a problem, this one is active! I recently read that studies have been done that show stretching & eating fish may prevent preeclampsia. You better believe I've been stretching everyday and eating fish when I can. I really really hope I can make it through this pregnancy without seeing preeclampsia or any other complication for that matter.

So far so good!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOO excited for you! I know how happy you are, what an answer to prayer :) I cannot wait to meet this little miracle boy :)
BTW, I lOVE the belly pic! You are way too cute...keeping stretching and eating that fish!

Love ya,
Jen

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Such wonderful news....I am thrilled that this pregnancy has been going so well for you!!

Beautiful photo of your growing belly....you look fantastic! These next 12 weeks are going to go so fast....your little beautiful boy will be here before you know it!!

Enjoy the rest of your week:)

Lisa

Jboo said...

Yay for making that goal and now on to 32 weeks! Your baby bump is so cute! Hope the fish and stretching keep working. Take it easy!

Janet

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news!! You have such a cute baby bump! Enjoy these last remaining weeks of your pregnancy, they will go fast, I am sure!

Dawn
ps thanks for stopping by my blog. To answer your question...no, Korea's wait times are not as long as China's! (thankfully!) Although, they have lengthened somewhat due to the increase of interest in the Korea program vs. China.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for reaching your goal! What a great feeling!