
Everything is the same. I continue to feel good and my doctor's appointment yesterday confirmed that there's still no sign of preeclampsia. I have been visualizing/guessing my blood pressure numbers when I take it at home and I come pretty close! I thought I would try this experiment at the doctor, wondering if I could get lower numbers there. I visualized a number all day and when the nurse took it, it was VERY close! It worked!
Now that Magnolia's big girl room is done and the nursery is emptied of her things, I've been filling in things for the baby. I've also bought some baby things that I never needed for Magnolia like receiving blankets, burp cloths, and tiny clothes. It's been fun and I love to go in there to look at all of his things.
I'm at a standstill in finishing the nursery. I am trying to be frugal and use some of the things I already have. Something's not right and until I figure out what it is, I'm leaving it alone. I've also gotten very distracted with giving our first floor a makeover. I've been so wrapped up in it that when I take my blood pressure at night it's at all time lows. George thinks this is because I love to decorate and I haven't had time to worry about the pregnancy. He may be right.
The redecorating is correlated to our nesting. We cleaned every closet in the upstairs and have now moved downstairs. The cleaning has led us to better organization which has somehow led us to moving furniture and repainting the walls. It seems like we're constantly doing this especially this time of year so I'm not sure we can blame it entirely on the pregnancy...
The weather has been unbelievably cold making it very hard to be out and about pregnant with a two year old. To get out of the house, we've have been going to the mall to walk about three times a week. I feel so happy to be walking again! I saw my doctor there this morning. I was waiting to meet my friend, sitting in the food court giving Magnolia a snack. She walked by and I yelled out "I'm just mall walking!" Like I had to prove to her that I'm attempting to get some exercise and not just sitting around and packing on the pounds like I have been doing. :) She measured me twice yesterday to make sure she saw it right, I'm measuring big. Surprise surprise. On the second measurement she said that was better, 29 weeks. Just two weeks ahead. Oh well. I'm big. I certainly can't be the first big pregnant woman. :)
Now that Magnolia's big girl room is done and the nursery is emptied of her things, I've been filling in things for the baby. I've also bought some baby things that I never needed for Magnolia like receiving blankets, burp cloths, and tiny clothes. It's been fun and I love to go in there to look at all of his things.
I'm at a standstill in finishing the nursery. I am trying to be frugal and use some of the things I already have. Something's not right and until I figure out what it is, I'm leaving it alone. I've also gotten very distracted with giving our first floor a makeover. I've been so wrapped up in it that when I take my blood pressure at night it's at all time lows. George thinks this is because I love to decorate and I haven't had time to worry about the pregnancy. He may be right.
The redecorating is correlated to our nesting. We cleaned every closet in the upstairs and have now moved downstairs. The cleaning has led us to better organization which has somehow led us to moving furniture and repainting the walls. It seems like we're constantly doing this especially this time of year so I'm not sure we can blame it entirely on the pregnancy...
The weather has been unbelievably cold making it very hard to be out and about pregnant with a two year old. To get out of the house, we've have been going to the mall to walk about three times a week. I feel so happy to be walking again! I saw my doctor there this morning. I was waiting to meet my friend, sitting in the food court giving Magnolia a snack. She walked by and I yelled out "I'm just mall walking!" Like I had to prove to her that I'm attempting to get some exercise and not just sitting around and packing on the pounds like I have been doing. :) She measured me twice yesterday to make sure she saw it right, I'm measuring big. Surprise surprise. On the second measurement she said that was better, 29 weeks. Just two weeks ahead. Oh well. I'm big. I certainly can't be the first big pregnant woman. :)






3 comments:
i always measured big. consider yourself "above average" - it's a blessing.
you & baby will be fine. now, your recovery might be slow going...but you will bounce back to a healthy pre-pregnancy weight. if anyone can, it'll certainly be you.
No trust me....you won't be....with Daniel I was big around as I am tall....lol...but so worth the gift waiting at the end....so glad things are going well....
Hugs,
Steffie
Oh my -- your little touches for the nursery are so adorable! You really have the decorating touch --wish you could help me with decorating!!
What a great idea to visualize your blood pressure. Wonder if that works with weight too -- for me, not you! :)
Have a great week!
Janet
Post a Comment