
Here he is! I find these 4D pictures a little strange and hard to see how he really looks but then I realized that the only way I'm really going to see him is when he actually arrives. We are pretty smitten with him around here and can't wait to meet him!
The ultrasound went well. Everything looks good. We are both so relieved!
I had a little scare last Friday at my check up. My blood pressure was pretty high, high enough to consider medication and the onset of preeclampsia. My doctor had me do some blood work to check. I waited all weekend worried. I couldn't figure out how my blood pressure got so high when I take it twice a day and it's never gotten that high. When I was doing my glucose test that day the lab tech was flipping through my files and asked if I was having triplets. My heart skipped a beat, confused and scared for a minute that I was! I told her no. She said, "Oh so you have triplets at home?" "No" I told her, "they died." I really think that's why my blood pressure sky rocketed, she had no business being so nosy! On Monday the nurse called and said all my tests came back normal. I am so relieved! And today the ultrasound confirmed that preeclampsia isn't coming anytime soon. The dopplers looked good, the blood flow to and from the uterus and the baby is growing at a steady rate. He's in the 50th percentile which my doctor says is great. My visit afterwards went well and she reassured me that things are looking good and we're getting closer to better viability. Today is a very happy day indeed!






5 comments:
This is great news Lucy!! I am so glad the tests came back normal....so sorry you had to answer all those tough questions. That would definitely elevate your blood pressure.
The 4D picture of your baby boy is just amazing..I can see whay you are smitten!! You will be holding him in your arms before you know it!!
Lucy,
He is adorable! I am so excited for you and the good news!
Sounds like that the lab tech needs to learn how to mind her own business. I am so sorry that you had to go through that.
Jen
amazing picture of his cute little face! he's going to be a doll baby, that's for sure.
glad to hear your are progessing along nicely. you are in good care.
relax...
Oh, I'm so glad it turned out fine! I'm sure you were a wreck the whole weekend worrying!
That 4D picture is pretty amazing! Wow -- so excited for all you. You're going to have such a wonderful spring, aren't you!
Take care now.
Janet
Wow - what a cutie! Love his little button nose. Technology nowadays, crazy - isn't it? :)
Post a Comment