We got to have a day in an actual city this past weekend. It's always so nice to have a little taste of city life from time to time. On our way home we stopped at the big mall that has a lot of my favorite stores. I bought the baby a few new outfits. When I say new I'm stressing the fact they are new, ones with tags on them, ones that have never been worn. Don't get me wrong, I've been shopping alright for this baby and he already has a drawer full of stuff BUT it's all used. I'm a Goodwill junkie, I will admit it. I love to find designer clothes that have been barely worn for next to nothing. It's a little bit of an addiction BUT a healthy one on many different levels. You wouldn't believe the things I find and you wouldn't believe the things that people give away.All else is good. I think I've had another growth spurt because I've been feeling larger and awkward and I'm devastated when things fall on the floor. Bending over isn't that easy anymore. I need to get good at picking things up with my toes again. :)
I've noticed a pattern with the baby kicking. He only kicks when I'm all alone. The minute Magnolia leaves the room and it's quiet, he starts to move. Same with George. I kind of like it. It's like our special time together.
Nothing else new. We are anxious to get started on our big project around here; redecorating the nursery and putting together Magnolia's room. We have decided to wait until after the holidays as it will give us something to do. Until then, we are enjoying the holiday season. Hope you are too!






5 comments:
I love the clothes! They are so cute.... I love that he saves his kicking just for the two of you :) Boys and their Mommas.....
Jen
The clothes you picked are so cute!! I hear you with the gently used designer clothes....I wish I was better at searching out these stores, because people do really get rid of a lot of good things...some sitting there still with their original tags on them!!
Isn't the kicking the best feeling!! I remember sitting in staff meetings when I was pregnant and we would be in serious discussion and I would feel Nick kick....it always made me smile. To be honest, I really missed that after he was born.....they were such special moments!! I think it is so cute that the baby waits until you are alone!
Happy Holidays!
Lisa
Those outfits are absolutely adorable! I am so happy for you - after all that you have been through; what a blessing. Magnolia is going to be such a great big sister!
Hi Lucy. I have been reading both of your blogs for several weeks, I stumbled upon them from another blog, I can't even recall which one. I have never commented before, but today, I wanted to take a moment and tell you how much I enjoy your postings, both the sweet, beyond darling pictures of Magnolia and your beautiful style as well as the eloquently written posts describing your painful, yet inspiring journey. I admire all of your holiday decorating and how adorable you dress Magnolia! She is too cute! I was so inspired by your creativity to sew pieces for Magnolia from your old sweaters and such -- I hope that I can learn some sewing skills to do the same when I have children!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful story -- I can't begin to imagine how strong and courageous of a woman you are -- how lucky Magnolia and the new baby boy are to have you (and your husband of course)! I will continue you to keep you in my prayers -- happy holidays!
Brittany
Beautiful clothes for you boy! That is sweet that he kicks just for you!
Janet
Post a Comment