Okay, I'm definitely growing. I didn't think I had much but looking at these photos you can really tell since I'm wearing almost the same exact thing. Not sure all the growing is happening in the tummy though... :)Now that I'm clearly showing I've been getting the comments and questions I dreaded when I first found out I was pregnant. Mostly it's been, "It always happens that way, if you want to get pregnant just adopt" or "I hear of this happening ALL the time" or "That happened to my cousin's wife's best friend's daughter." Sometimes I tell them that this wasn't what we were hoping for, that pregnancy is a scary thing for us, that if we really wanted to get pregnant we could, that we chose adoption instead. Sometimes I don't feel like sharing that much and sometimes I say we planned it this way. BUT, the one question that has gotten me tongue tied the most when I don't have Magnolia with me is, "So, is this your first?" I have literally gone speechless over that one. How do I answer that? My first pregnancy? No. My first child? No. My first biological child? Well, no...but one that is likely to live? Yes. Wow, it is way too complicated so now I will just say NO.
On another note, things continue to be good. We are going to our annual candle light vigil tomorrow night in remembrance of our girls. I always enjoy this event because it falls so closely to the day they were born and is such a nice thing to do in their remembrance.
I can't believe how these weeks are flying by. 21 down...







3 comments:
Oh I just love these pictures of you and Magnolia - you look just great! So sorry about peoples comments - I'm sure it's hard to hear and answer. I think your simple answer of no is just right. I'll say an extra little prayer for you tomorrow as I will be thinking about you as you go to your candle light vigil.
I hope you are enjoying a nice week! Glad things are going so well:)
- Bridget
Lucy,
So happy that you are doing so well, over half way there! Sometimes, people just say the strangest things... I am sorry you have to deal with that kind of stuff! This, YOUR life is what was meant to be! Your precious family that God has given you.
I will be thinking of you and George tommorow night and your three precious angels(who I know my Mom is rocking in heaven) :)
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11
Love,
Jen
Oh my -- you look so good! Am so happy to hear that you are feeling well and now past the half-way mark. Will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers this week as you remember your triplets. Take care.
Janet
Post a Comment