Wednesday, November 26, 2008

20 Weeks

Each week I cannot believe how far along I'm getting! 20 weeks... I'm halfway there!!!
I feel really good. I've been a little tired lately but I've also been very busy. I went to the doctor yesterday. Everything looks good, I'm actually like a normal pregnant woman, it still shocks me everyday! Carrying one baby is SO much easier. Triplets was so hard...I was getting very sick this time 4 years ago and pretty much stayed on the couch all day long...I couldn't do anything. I'm anxious to get beyond 21 weeks 3 days, the day my girls were born. I will be anxious to experience pregnancy beyond that date because it will be a new experience.

My anxiety level has been so low which I thought would get worse around 20 weeks but I'm checking my blood pressure twice a day and will now see my doctor once a week. I'm being watched closely so I don't feel so alone. It also helps to talk to other woman about weird things that are happening to me because they'll tell me it's completely normal. For a while I was freaking out that my right hand was falling asleep every night and taking forever to wake up. It's pregnancy induced carpal tunnel and very normal. My shoes aren't fitting, not because I'm swollen, but because feet grow in pregnancy. Pregnancy is so hard on the woman's body. Some days I feel like I'm being chewed up only to be spit back out again. Exactly the way I felt with the triplets, I was left with a ragged body and stretch marks all the way to the neck. At least this time I will have a beautiful little baby to show for it all as opposed to nothing but scars inside and out. This is different pregnancy and a different experience. I had such a horrible, bad taste about pregnancy; an experience filled with nothing but pain and heartache that I feel like I'm being shown it doesn't have to be that way. I feel like I'm being shown that it can be a beautiful wonderful experience and that I will get to experience LIFE in the end. It is going to be wonderful wonderful thing, I just know it! I'm so grateful this Thanksgiving for this little miracle inside of me. He's doing so well and getting stronger in his kicks. I love that I know that it's a boy, I love hearing his heart beat, and I love feeling his kicks. I love it when Magnolia rubs my stomach, I love the thought of her being a big sister, and I love the thought of being a family of four. Ah, the surprises life brings you and unbelievable blessings! I am so so thankful this Thanksgiving. Wishing you all a very very Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm due for another photo, hopefully I'll get George to take one soon. I don't think I've grown too much more but I'm trying to take photos every 4 weeks. Check back soon!

2 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am so thrilled for you....lots to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

Enjoy your holiday....and just think, next year you will have a new little boy at the table!!

Take Care,

Lisa

Jennifer said...

I am SOO thankful that you are doing so well and being blessed with one of God's greatest gifts this year!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Love you guys!
Jen