Tuesday, November 11, 2008

We're Having....

You may have wondered.



You may have guessed.




You might want to know that we knew all along...




THAT




We're having....





A BOY!!!


The perinatologist told us he was 80% sure on our last visit at 13 weeks. We didn't share the news (with the exception of immediate family) in case he was wrong. The ultrasound was great. I was so nervous beforehand. My knees were so weak I could hardly walk. Right away the peri put me at ease and confirmed it was a boy immediately! We're so excited to have a boy! At the end of the exam he said everything looked great and the blood flow looked normal. He really doesn't think I will get preeclampsia anytime soon although he can't guarantee I won't get it after 32 weeks. Fine with me, as long as I don't have a baby born too premature, especially too premature to survive outside the womb. What a HUGE relief for us both. We were on cloud nine walking out of that room. Magnolia slept in George's arms the whole time so it was especially relaxing. I had an appointment with my OB right after. She still wants me to monitor my blood pressure twice daily. My blood pressure today was 120/80 and I only gained 4 lbs. this time, yeah! Oh, one more thing. The baby is large, he's in the 94th percentile. My O.B. wants to keep an eye on that which of course now has me worried. George keeps reminding me that he was 9lbs. Yikes. :) I'm very happy and relaxed today not to mention that I've been feeling the baby move in the past few days which is awesome!

Magnolia is going to have a baby brother!!! Ahh..now I can sit back and relax for a while and do some fun things like decorate the nursery and think about boy names!!! Yeah, I'm so very happy!!!

10 comments:

Kate said...

What blessed news. Congratulations...and keep taking care of yourself. So very exciting!!! I vote for the name Finn! What??? You didn't ask for suggestions??? Sorry...couldn't help myself...I just LOVE that name for a little boy...and almsot had Jim convinced to use it (Finley) for a girl...but not quite...

I wish you well!!!

Kate

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I thought of you all day...last night I remembered that today was the big day!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Have fun with those baby names and the nursery. I am so thrilled for you!

Wishing you all the best!

Lisa

The Pruntys said...

Congratulations Lucy, George & Magnolia!! I am so happy for you guys - and so glad that you can relax a little now and enjoy the ride. Boys are so wonderful!! You have a lot of fun in store!

Bridget said...

What an exciting announcement!!!! Magnolia is sure to be a great big sister to a little brother. I am so happy for all of you! I'm glad things are going well for you! Take care of yourself! Congratulations on the news of your sweet little boy!!!!!!

- Bridget

ps - thanks for sharing the ultrasound picture - it is something else!

Emily said...

congratulations! i'm thrilled for you-on cloud 9 too!

love the name Finn, too...an absolute favorite of mine. BUT, i'm stuck on 'quatro' until i finally meet him and annoint him with a more tender, infant, boyish name. i bet he's adorable & big & healthy!! can't flippin' wait.

take care. xoxo

Jennifer said...

I KNEW it!!!

I am SOO excited for the three of you :) What a blessing! I thought of you all day today and prayed that you would have a calm visit with good news :)

Okay Finn is cute, I can't wait to hear your choices and to watch the nursery progress.

I know you will love having a little boy, they are so much fun!
CONGRATS, now you can "relax".

Hugs to you guys!

Love,
Jen

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! What awesome news! I can't imagine your relief. I'm sure your nursery will be beautiful!

Jboo said...

Congratulations!! So excited for you, you Hub and Magnolia! So glad to hear that things are going well. Both of my boys weighed 9 pounds at birth- it's nice when the baby is big, doesn't seem so fragile. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy thinking about and working on names and the nursery!
Janet

Melissa said...

Justin was 9 pounds and 22.5 inches long. I did have an epidural, but delivery was a quick 4 pushes and he was out! Bigger is not always bad...I didn't feel like he was so fragile when I brought him home. I love keeping up with your blogs :)

Bridget said...

We are so happy for your family!! Congrats!!

Love, Bridget and Ben