Tuesday, November 18, 2008

19 Weeks

The past week has been wonderful. I've been so relaxed and positive with our recent good news. I continue to feel good. Pretty great actually. Tired at the end of the day but my days have been busy so it would be expected. The baby's movements aren't consistent yet but it really is fun to feel him move!

We are having a boy in case you didn't know! I am so excited to have a boy! My sister recently reminded me that I always wanted a boy. I had long forgotten about that. You know when you get married and you plan out all the children you'll have with their names picked out? That was way back when I was naive and thought things worked that way. I always wanted to have a boy. I always imagined having a rotten little boy. A mama's boy. Even when we went to find out the sexes of the triplets I was convinced they were boys and shocked to find out they were all girls! I'm not excited to have a boy because after this we'll be done and then we'll have a boy and a girl and life will be perfect. We want more than 2. I don't know how to explain why I'm so excited to have a boy. I'm sure I'd feel the same if they told me it was a girl but a boy will be different. Different in so many ways...

Since I thought we'd be right back to China to adopt another daughter, I decorated the nursery with that thought in mind, that it would be a nursery for girls for a long time. I should know better by now to know things never work out they way you think they will. It won't be that big of a deal to redecorate and I'm actually looking forward to it as well as putting together Magnolia's Big Girl Room. This weekend we are starting the process by cleaning out all of the closets in this house to make room for baby. Once that's done we can move furniture around and do the fun stuff. I'll post our progress.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

So glad that things are going so well and that you are feeling well! There is nothing like a little boy - you will have a house full of fun! I'm sure the nursery and big girl room will be adorable -can't wait to see pictures!

Jennifer said...

I am so happy that you are finally able to relax and enjoy your pregnancy! You deserve it. I can't wait to see you with your precious little boy. I am also very excited to see the new rooms...
Happy 19 weeks!

Have a great week......

Love,
Jen

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am so glad that everything is going so well.....and you sound soooo happy!!

I cannot wait to see what you do with the nursery....I am sure it will be beautiful!

Make sure you take lots of pics:)

Lisa