Tuesday, November 4, 2008

17 Weeks

Today I am 17 weeks. Wow, time is passing and I'm feeling good. A week from today will be a BIG day. I have my very important ultrasound with the perinatologist. He will decipher whether or not I will get preeclampsia again by monitoring the blood flow to my uterus. I have been pretty nervous about this lately but I suddenly switched gears today and saw the positive in this test. Positive on both ends. Could be that I won't get preeclampsia again and that will be the best news ever. Could be that I will get preeclampsia again but at least then I'll know. I'll be prepared for it and take all the precautions necessary. I should be grateful this exam exists! It certainly wasn't around 4 years ago...

The other reason this will be a big day is because we'll be finding out the sex!!! We're super excited for that. Stay tuned, I will try to post the results next Tuesday.

Today is also election day. Four years ago today I was also 17 weeks pregnant and voted in the 04 election. I stood in line at the same school to vote. I was big and uncomfortable. Today was great, I felt great and Magnolia and I stood in line together eating M&Ms. It was her first election! I dressed her in red, white, and blue and told her someday I will tell her all about it.
Since it was such an unseasonably warm day (a record breaker) we went to our nursery and picked out some tulips to plant for the baby so that when the baby arrives in the spring so will the tulips. I also did this 4 years ago for the triplets. Ironically in the spring the tulips never came up and haven't since. I choose to plant red tulips this time rather than white. Hopefully I'll have a baby and tulips in the spring...
P.S. Thank you for all your sweet comments on my 16 week photo, you really boosted my confidence and Emily, you really made me laugh! Thank you!

5 comments:

Emily said...

i hope your visit went well...i'm thinking of you all.

it was a great election day for all americans-the hope for change was heard!

take care of you.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I will be thinking of you as you go for your test! I am sure that no matter what the outcome...you will be in great hands....stay positive!

You must be so excited to find out the sex of the baby....I can't wait to hear if Magnolia is going to have a sister or a brother!!

She looks so cute in her patriotic attire for election day!!

Keep us posted:)

Lisa

Jboo said...

Hope your doctor visit will go well. So exciting that you will learn whether Magnolia will have a baby brother or baby sister! She looks so cute in her red/white/blue!

The planting of tulips -- what a very sweet idea!

Take care.
Janet

Jennifer said...

Lucy,
I will be praying for you guys and for your appt. next week.
I cannot wait to find the baby sex news(even though I have my guess :) I love Magnolia's outfit. So sweet!

I love the tulips, a beautiful idea!

Jen

Anonymous said...

I think your big appt. was today... praying it went well. Keep us posted :)