Friday, October 17, 2008

14 Weeks

The 14th week has been my best so far. I am feeling so much better. Mentally & emotionally. Maybe perhaps because I've shared my news and this blog and have gotten so much support from so many. Thank you for all of your comments, I really cherish them. It makes me feel a little vulnerable sharing my story but I've never been one to hold in my feelings & emotions so it really does reflect who I am. Thank you for taking the time to come along...

On another note... I had my 12 week check-up this week. A little late because I forgot I had the appointment in my 12th week and it took me a week to remember. The brain really does go when you're pregnant! All was good. Blood pressure was great and no protein in urine (signs of preeclampsia). There was one tiny problem...a huge weight gain! Ugh, I had no idea! I've been eating so healthy but I guess it's the Twix bars and ice cream. :) I have to watch those empty calories. Yikes! I'm measuring pretty big but she says that's normal for a second pregnancy especially since I had triplets. I'm definitely showing! I have regained energy and I have started to feel more positive overall. I've had the realization that I could go through this whole pregnancy without preeclampsia. It is a possibility. Maybe not likely but it still feels good to remember that. The perinatologist wrote up a plan for the remainder of my pregnancy and my doctor has agreed to follow it. They want to see me every two weeks until I hit 20 weeks then I'll be seen once a week and have ultrasounds every 3 weeks. I'm so comforted by this. So far so good. Day by day.

NOTE: In addition to the ironies I wrote in my previous post, I had another one show up yesterday and just have to share it. Four years ago this month, almost to the week, we sold my sedan to buy a bigger car to hold the triplets. Yesterday we received a letter from North Carolina saying that the car has been found and is being held for us to come and claim it. Whether it was impounded, stolen and found, who knows. Perhaps they're contacting all previous owners of the car and figure that the one holding the title will come and claim it. Too bad we don't have the title because it was a nice car and I would love to have it back. :) I just find it completely bizarre that this has resurfaced, 4 years ago to this date.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad your Dr. appointment went well, hope you have a wonderful weekend :) That is so strange about the car...
P.S. I told you you "need" a mini- van. HA :)

Jboo said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better! And the car -- that is very strange!

Have a good week!

Janet

Bridget said...

So glad that everything is so good so far:)!!! Weird about the car huh? Hope you had a great weekend and are enjoying a good week!

Emily said...

wierd note on that car-makes me wonder if life is just 1 big cycle and for those who figure that out, in peace, have these indicators.

you've come a long way, baby...

thinking of you & that little walnut growing inside.
XOXO