Monday, September 8, 2008
First OB Visit
I had my first official OB visit on Friday. I was there for 1.5 hours! I'm really liking my doctor, she's certainly being proactive and taking a lot of time with me. She has already consulted with a perinatologist here. He told her that I had a lot of risk factors in my last pregnancy; I was carrying triplets, I had this blood clotting disorder that I wasn't being treated for, and I had an early onset of high blood pressure. So, the fact that I'm only carrying one baby now and my disorder is being treated my chances are already reduced for getting preeclampsia so early again. My doctor believes that if I'm to get it again, it will be later in the pregnancy. I told her 32 weeks is my goal, she said she wants to see me full term. I don't know, that seems like a pretty big goal to me. My blood pressure was getting high on this visit and I told her I was so worked up about coming in and that I swear I have "White Coat Syndrome." I told her that if she took it again at the end of the visit I know it would be better. She believes in White Coat Syndrome and said this could be possible. She said that my previous doctor "believes" I have chronic hypertension. That made me so mad! He only saw me when I was pregnant and therefore could never prove it. The fact that he put that in my chart made me so mad! All my life my blood pressure has been normal and the 4 years since my pregnancy it has been normal. Either way, now I have to start to monitor it myself at home. She's also running a lot of other tests on me to get baseline numbers to see where I'm at if I do get really sick again. The perinatologist will do an ultrasound around 16-17 weeks to monitor the blood flow to my uterus. Apparently this will hint at whether or not I'll get preeclampsia again whether or not I'll be on bed rest. Overall it was a good visit. My doctor seems very vested in me and that reassuring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment