Friday, April 3, 2009

Back Home, No Baby

Failed Induction. It didn't work. After 4 tries of the cervical gel, I hardly progressed. Without any progress they didn't want to give me pitocin. It was a long day and long night. At one point I was having regular contractions and they were intense but then they fizzled out. My doctor came this morning and told me she was sending me home to come back on Monday to try again. She did a quick ultrasound to make sure baby's head was down (we thought at one point he flipped). His head was down but off to the side and he hasn't dropped yet. She will check me Monday morning to see if I've progressed. If I have then they'll give me another suppository and pitocin. If not then she'll just give me the suppository to see if I respond to that. If I don't then I'll have the option of going home again or c-section. She'll have to verify with my perinatologist that it would be okay for me to go home because he really wanted me to deliver in my 38th week. Since I have remained preeclampsia free, it may be okay but I also may just want to have a c-section. She told me to think this through so I'll be able to make a decision when it comes time. As of right now, I'm emotionally drained. Happy but sad to be home. Happy to see Magnolia again. I'll be sure to update if anything should happen from now until Monday. Somehow I've got to figure out a better connection in the hospital because I could not seem to post in there. :(

7 comments:

Bridget said...

Hi Lucy -
Sorry your induction didn't work out yesterday:( I'm sure it was a long day for you. Though I'm certain Magnolia is hapapy to have you home for a couple of days. I wish you all the best in the next few days. I will be thinking about you and hoping for the best! Hang in there!

God Speed!

Bridget

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Oh no....I am so sorry that it didn't work, I had assumed they were going to use pitocin from the get go! I can only imagine how physically and emotionally drained you are right now.

I will be thinking about you.....hang in there my friend......just a couple more days.

Good luck,

Lisa

Jboo said...

Oh Lucy -- so sorry to hear that it didn't work. I'm sure you are just exhausted, but happy to be home with your sweet Magnolia. Soon, he'll be here soon. Take it easy this weekend!

Janet

Jennifer said...

Lucy,
So sorry to hear that it did not work! You poor thing, I can only imagine how frustrated you are. I bet Magnolia is so happy to have her Momma back. Enjoy your weekend, I will keep you in my prayers!

Love ya,
Jen

Football and Fried Rice said...

Uggghhh! I can't wait to meet your new son!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry your induction did not work....I was hoping to log on and see a baby update with all the details! Hang in there, the end really is near!

Thinking of you,

Dawn

Casey said...

I'm sorry!!! That stinks!! I hope that the baby is ready to rock and roll tomorrow!!