I can't believe I made it through Christmas. It seemed so far off when I first found out I was pregnant in the summer. I'm getting closer and I'm getting excited. I love the movement and I love knowing that he could live outside the womb by now. It would be tough but it is possible. This week his nasal passage becomes unclogged and he'll start to practice breathing on his own. He also gets the tiny capillaries under his skin that will make his skin pink. He has somewhat controlled reflexes now so when I push on my stomach, he'll kick back! Also, if we were to take a peek at him now and then not again until after he's born, he'll look the same. His face is completely formed by now. Our next ultrasound is on the 8th, I can't wait to see him!
After reading what I may be experiencing in pregnancy at 25 weeks, I realize that this must be a miracle pregnancy for sure. I really don't have a whole lot to complain about and I haven't experienced the things they say I may be experiencing. I consider this pretty amazing, especially given my age!
Here are the top 3 things that I do complain about (and they're hardly anything worth complaining about):
1. Carpal tunnel, pregnancy induced. I never had it before. My hand is completely stiff. My middle finger and my pointer finger are pretty much numb all of the time.
2. My hair. I don't think it's my hair anymore, I don't know whose it is. I hate it. It's so coarse, dark and ugly. George has asked me to stop complaining about this one but I get really depressed when I have to look at it.
3. Maternity clothes. They don't work on me. I'm short and short waisted. Unless maternity pants have that full and very ugly panel, they fall straight down on me. Shirts are too long, pants are too long, I'm one big frumpy mess.
Here are some things that have helped me so much in my pregnancy:
1. Olay Regenergist face cream. My mother-in-law told me about it and I LOVE it. My skin has never been so dry and this works wonders!
2. El Naturalista shoes I've been coveting for a long time. George bought them for me for Christmas and I haven't taken them off since. My other shoes were getting too tight and I hated having to bend over to put them on. My heel was going numb all the time and it was so painful to stand on. I haven't had a problem since I've gotten these.
3. My husband's clothes instead of maternity clothes. His sweaters are nicer than mine, cozy, and seem to fit much better than maternity sweaters. This has been the best discovery!
So you see, pretty non-important complaints compared to what I could be dealing with.
I see the doctor again on Friday. I have to do the glucose screening for diabetes.
Happy Happy New Year! I get to welcome in this new year knowing this will be the year our son will be born, yeah!
P.S. I can't include my 24 week belly pic because George took them of my bare belly and there's no way I'm posting them. I bought all of our Christmas pjs last year when they were on sale. I never would have imagined that I would be pregnant this year so they were a little small. I had to wear them with my top unbuttoned at the bottom so my stomach could stick out. So, this is what George took pictures of. Hopefully I'll have some more normal pics to post soon. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I LOVE reading your updates about your pregnancy! You are so right, it IS a miracle.
I totally agree about the maternity clothes, I LOVED wearing Dave's. Plus now, more and more people are going bigger instead of maternity.
I hope 2009 is everything that you have ever wished for and more!
Love ya!
Jen
So exciting to read about how your baby is growing! Such an amazing miracle, isn't it.
I remember the hair thing too and how amazing my hair seemed after it recovered!
Best wishes for 2009!
Janet
How exciting for you - your almost there and you sound happy and excited!!! Don't worry about posting the belly picture - I would never post one of me and I am not pregnant:) I wish you all the best in the months to come. Can't wait to see that sweet baby boy!
Post a Comment