Thursday, October 9, 2008

First Trimester Screening

We had the First Trimester Screening to test for Downs Syndrome on Tuesday. The perinatologist did the ultrasound and it was our first time meeting him. I really like him a lot. He was positive and reassuring for me as we talked about my past and current high risk situation. I never did any of this screening with the triplets but it's different this time. I just don't think I can handle any surprises (if I don't have to) in the delivery room. The only surprise I want is a healthy breathing baby. This is also why we are finding out the sex. Stayed tuned, we'll know on November 11th! We'll know the results of this screening by the end of the week but he said the ultrasound looked good. Seeing the baby on ultrasound has allowed me to feel more attached to this pregnancy. It was so fun to see the baby move around! Magnolia and George were with me and Magnolia loved watching the "movie" of the baby. She also loved when the perinatologist jiggled my belly to try and get the baby to dance. She kept saying "funny!" And now as I sit here typing this with this photo that I just scanned onto the computer, she saw it and exclaimed "baby!" I think she saw the picture for a second that day and I had no idea she would remember, it's been in my purse since then. Anyway, she's carry it around and saying "aw cute!" She is going to be the BEST big sister! :)

5 comments:

Jodie said...

Wow Lucy! This whole thing is just amazing to me. God sure does work in mysterious ways. I'm so happy for you guys though... yay!!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Yes, Lucy said it, and I will say it too....God does work in mysterious ways!

I had no idea what you endured with your last pregnancy...I am so sorry.

This is truly a miracle!

Glad to hear you are feeling a little better, I went back and read your original posts....Morning sickness is no picnic in the park, especially when you have a little one to take care of!

Jennifer said...

I have goosebumps and tears... I am SOOO excited for you, George and Magnolia! I know how scared you must be, but know that God has a plan! I will be praying for you constantly! I AM SOO HAPPY! Now, we have an even better reason to come back SOONER and visit!

P.S. I knew something was up.. I had a "feeling"... ;) That is why I emailed you....

Jboo said...

Congratulations again! Miss Magnolia sounds so sweet. I am so sorry to learn of the loss of your triplets. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. Take it easy!

Janet

Bridget said...

Oh Lucy I just read through your blog - I am so sorry about your last pregnancy.I wish there were more I could say. As I read some of your posts the words rang so true to me. I do believe God works in mysterious ways. I wish you all the best with your pregnancy. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I love how excited Magnolia is! What a great big sister she will be. Take Care!

- Bridget