Tuesday, March 17, 2009

36 Weeks

Wow, 36 weeks and feeling every bit of it! The warmer weather has made me very hot and my feet and hands are starting to swell. I'm big and uncomfortable but I really can't complain about anything else except just feeling anxious to have this baby and finally hold him in my arms.

I saw my perinatologist today. He took all of 6 minutes in the ultrasound. He mentioned the size of the baby's head once again but he only gained 3 oz. in two weeks so he's measuring at 6lbs.7oz. right now, putting him in the 56th percentile. Quite a drop from the 80th and 90th percentiles where he was. He said my placenta was starting to calcify (get old) but wasn't too concerned about it. Amniotic fluid was normal and the baby scored an 8/8 of the biophysical exam. He said all looked good and that he won't see me again. I told him I was nervous about getting pre-eclampsia again. He looked at my charts and saw some of my higher blood pressure numbers and then looked at me and told me I was looking puffy (great). He advised me being induced earlier than 39 weeks. He advised 38 weeks! I saw my ob right after and she didn't have a chance to chat with the perinatologist to see why he suggests 38 weeks but she did say he has final say, that we'll do what he suggests. My blood pressure was a little high but we know I just get nervous about these visits. I had no protein in my urine so really there's no sign of pre-eclampsia. She had me do another blood lab to compare my previous labs to see if anything was brewing. She did a cervical exam and I'm nowhere near labor. She said I'm going to have a very long induction at 38 weeks. That really stinks but I don't expect labor to be easy.

On Saturday we put Magnolia's apron on so she could paint my belly.
We got some really funny shots but since I'm not comfortable baring my huge stomach, this is the only one I was willing to post. She had so much fun and really got a kick out of doing this!
The carseat is in. We are soon to be a family of four! George detailed my car inside and out. It was so shiny and clean and we were excited to test drive it with two carseats. We took Magnolia's beloved raccoon for a ride. Magnolia loved that although we warned her that her little brother probably won't be as quiet.
I'll be sure to update if something should happen. If not, I'll see you again next week!

9 comments:

Jboo said...

Oh my -- I am so excited for all of you- only a couple more weeks to go! Maybe you'll have an April Fools baby! How sweet that Magnolia painted your tummy -- I'll be that was fun for her! Take care and try to get a lot of sleep now!

Janet

Casey said...

How cute!! Wait until she paints Baby brother OUTSIDE of the womb... that will be fun :)

It's very exciting to hear how well you are doing!! I'm sure you are beyond excited (if uncomfortable) now!!

Jennifer said...

Im thinking of you everyday!! You are doing great! Emsley was born at 37 1/2 weeks and she is wonderful, so you are in the clear! Breathe..Relax..in only a few days you will witness a miracle..God Bless!

The Pruntys said...

Wow Lucy - he is going to be here so soon! That is so cute that Magnolia painted your belly. What great pictures to always cherish. Can't wait for your little boy's arrival! Boys are so much fun!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lucy said...

Jennifer!!! I deleted your commented because you gave a HUGE clue to baby's name! :)
I'm SO hopeful by your 4 hour induction, is that really possible??? Were you dilated at all before you went in?
I hope you feel better soon and yes, Stanley is going to have one heck of a visit up here in WI! :)
Take care!

Bridget said...

Oh Lucy you are getting so close! I am so excited for you. Sounds like things are going well! Cute pics of the tummy painting and the two carseats! Not much longer - can't wait to see that handsome little guy! I wish you all the best in the next few weeks!

- Bridget

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe you are 36 weeks already! I am so glad you are doing so well!

Anonymous said...

Ok, too bad I didn't get a chance to read Jennifer's comment that gave a clue to the babys name (before you deleted it)!!! I can't wait to see what it is! (patience is really not a virtue of mine! lol!!)

Another week has gone by! I hope you are feeling good and can't wait to read this weeks update!!

He will be here soon!!!

Dawn
ps thank you so much for your sweet words on my blog, I really appreciate them, you are so sweet!!